Friday, July 2, 2010

Room Fit For a Princess

Well, my sweet, adorable husband has finished painting the room fit for a Princess!  Pink, pink and more pink.  Hope she like pink and I hope she likes Princess stuff - cause she has some.  In an effort not to overwhelm her more than she already will be - she won't have access to everything immediately we are going to share it with her a little at time.  Very little will be in her room to start off with.  But oh boy are we going to be excited when we can start sharing it.  We are waiting on the furniture to come in on July 21st before we put anything else on the walls so we can make sure we have it all arranged correctly first.  But it is going to be PRETTY!!!

Last night a friend of mine and I went shopping and we got her more "stuff".  Baby dolls, a barbie doll, a spinning top.  We found her the cutest baby doll stroller except when we went to check out my friend found that one of the handles was already damaged ----- no wonder why they only the one left.  :(  I was so sad it was so pretty.

Andy and I are going shopping again tonight to see if we can find her one.  This is another one of those things he said SHE NEEDS!!!  He's so funny.  The other day when we were shopping he sends me a message and asks me if I had gotten her anything yet ----- well of course I had - he wanted me to call him so I can tell him what all I got.  We are both just like little kids so tonight he wants to join in the fun.  I may even drag him to the Disney Store  :).  My friend and I went to the outlet Disney Store and there is a full Disney store over in Mobile I think we will go to tonight.  He is amazingly excited - for him, if you were to walk up to him you probably wouldn't know it but all you have to do is mention the name Ivanna and his whole outlook changes and he begins to talk and talk and talk.  Well for him it's a lot of talking :D. 

Tonight we are also going to wear our Bringing Home Ivanna shirts.  Well, most of this information the majority of the locals already know but her biological parents follow this blog also and we want them to be part of her "coming home" and continue to share Ivanna's life with them.

This week-end we are going to work on getting the house back in order and organized from having to rearrange the boys a little to make room for the Princess.  The boys are really excited about a new little sister and Ryan can't wait to read to her and start teaching her English - hmmmmmm we may need to rethink that a little :D.   We want to be super careful and ensure they are included and don't feel like Ivanna will replace them or come before them.  She will be our child just as they are, no difference.  Just will take some transitioning.  It doesn't matter if you are a step parent, an adoptive parent or a biological parent - when you take part in raising a child they ARE your children regardless of thoughts of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geo Counter

Our Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP