Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pictures and Videos from 08/20-21

Had a great afternoon today visiting with our little Princess. Yuri went with us today and he certainly missed his calling at being a comedian. He keeps us laughing.

Gets harder and harder to leave Ivanna behind when we leave but hopefully she only has about two more weeks left at the orphanage because just as soon as we get the OK for GOTCHA day we are going to break her out.

Don't get me wrong --- I can only speak for this baby house but these workers really seem to care about her and the other children. They take pictures themselves and they make do with what they are given for the children. A shame to see them count diapers as they do though - hurt my heart that diapers have to be rationed. I know I will take some to them and I know Anna and Yuri has taken some to them all along.

Ivan's mom (the one dancing in the video with Ivanna) will be coming for him shortly - she is scheduled to be here on 9/12. Can't wait to meet her. She's going to be another lucky mom because he is not understanding at all why Ivanna's has a mom and he doesn't so I am glad that he will be getting a mom of his very own shortly after Ivanna. Blessed children they are but there are still many more that need homes.

Hope you enjoy these videos and pictures we continue to watch them over and over ourselves and know the boys will love her just as much as we do.

3 comments:

  1. OH, thank you for this! It is so good to see him dancing! He will fit right in here, we LOVE to dance! It breaks my heart that he is finally so sad about not having his own Mama and Papa. Will his caretakers translate for you if you tell him that we are coming soon? I am so glad that you guys love Kiev so much and that you will be breaking out Ivanna soon! I hope you guys will still be there by the time we get there. I will have flight info on Monday, I will let you know where we are staying when I get an e-mail back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The workers don't speak English either but we are able to communicate which is funny. But the next time we go with Yuri we will certainly have him help us. We are very excited about you FINALLY getting here. ;) We'll still be here for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video Andy and Darlena. Ivanna was cracking me up in the blanket - she loved that swinging. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Geo Counter

Our Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP