Sunday, August 22, 2010

Our Trip

Thought I would take just a few minutes to blog about our trip.  We absolutely have fallen in love with Kiev.  We love the fact that you can walk anywhere you want to go (well mostly).  Tons of stores to go through - many varieties of foods to eat.  We have certainly enjoyed learning more about the city as well and I must say we have had a wonderful teacher!  (Thank Yuri).  We still haven't toured as much as we want but the one thing we do want to do is visit some of the churches here.  Once Ivanna is released we hope we can all go to the zoo.  It will be a first for Ivanna and for Andy. 

I never would have thought that we would have enjoyed being "out of our element" but we have been pleasenty surprised.  The only thing we have really missed is being able to set the air conditoner on what we want (which is COLD) and having a clothes dryer and a LARGE washing machine - although funny how you learn to adapt and I honestly think that as for energy conservation we could probably learn a lot from these people.  We have come in contact with many and surprisingly they all seem happy - you know how when you look at someone and you can say "worry" in their face ---- I don't see a lot of that here.

Tons of beautiful parks and now that the weather has cooled down it makes it much more pleasant to get out.

Well, need to run - not sure what we are going to do yet - we were supposed to go see baby girl but the driver wasn't able to make it :( and unfortunately Anna and Yuri are off to church and we certainly wish we could be too.  We miss our church family!!!  I still hope we get to see her today.

Love you all and take care.  More pictures and videos coming this afternoon I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are awesome. So happy that you are having a good time there and taking everything in. I look back at my experience there and I wish I could have actually taken it all in instead of being selfish like I was. Keep smiling and enjoy your time with that sweet baby girl. Love the videos and pics too!! She is soo blessed to have you guys!!! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LeaAnn we are actually trying to look at this as an experience of a lifetime and it is for us. My husband hates airplanes and unless it is to come back here one day I doubt I am ever able to get him on one again. :D We actually have had a great time and just made the best of it. We miss our boys for sure but the one thing that was different for most of you is that you missed your "full time" children. We only get to see ours every other week-end. So that makes a big difference. We can't wait to get back though so they can see their new sister for the first time.

    ReplyDelete

Geo Counter

Our Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP