Sunday, June 13, 2010

Time for More Prayers

Another beautiful sunny day God has given us today. Well been absent again just waiting on more information to share. On Monday, June 7 - our homestudy revision was completed and FedEx'd to our state. State received it on Tuesday morning and boy were we happy. Well, being that I am "trying" to scurry this along, I called our State and finally got in touch with the nicest man. I went in to my spill about who I was and why I was calling and I heard him keep trying to interrupt me but I just kept on (imagine that)! Finally bless his heart he was able to get a word in and he said "Take a breath" :D --- "are you Mrs. Stratton?" of course I replied yes and thinking all at the same time all these folks are so sick and tired of hearing our name they will do anything to get paperwork off of their desk (except USCIS). Well he told me that our file was already back in the FedEx envelope and waiting for them to pick it up so it could go on to USCIS!! YAY!!!

Well, then on Wednesday morning the package arrived at USCIS and yes, you're right there is no hurrying these folks. I tell you I just have never seen anything like it at all. Orphan applications ARE NOT their priority. And I can tell you they DO NOT understand someone wanting to adopt a child with special needs either but frankly it's NONE of their business. Their job, as I see it, is to ensure your fingerprints come back ok and ensure your homestudy has an approval. Well, ours does, so MOVE ON!!

With that being said - our sweet mail carrier is now on the lookout for an envelope from USCIS - if she find it when she sorts her route - she will call me and I'll meet her at the post office since our mail typically doesn't run until 2:30 or so.

You ask - Where will that last piece of paper put us? CLOSER!! Our full dossier package is already at the facilitator being translated so all they are waiting on is this last and final YES. Then they will go to the SDA (State Department of Adoptions) and obtain our initial court appearance. Once that date is obtained THEN we make our travel arrangements and have to be there 1-2 days prior to the date of our court appearance.

Some friends left yesterday morning to go and get their little girl and oh how happy that feeling must be. They landed about 1:30 this morning our time. Can't wait to follow them and hopefully we will be over there with them REALLY soon!!

For now say your prayers and we are praying for a soft heart for USCIS and for her not to be stubborn and for God to light her ways and direct her paths. He can do it I have complete faith. I also know that this is not anything that I have control over and that's not easy! We are also asking that God wrap His arms around Ivanna's family and provide them with complete and total comfort knowing that their little girl will be in GREAT hands --- ours and God's. We will forever be part of each others families!

1 comment:

  1. We are waiting for USCIS too, we did not know we could send the other documents ahead.. maybe we have a different facilitator? I will find out. We are adopting Ivan/Igor, he is in the same orphanage as Ivanna. Maybe we will be in Eastern Europe at the same time?

    ReplyDelete

Geo Counter

Our Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP