Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Update

Well, as usual, been a fast few days. Seems Mondays are the worst but yet they are the best because God did allow us to wake up and spend the day with Him. Well, FINALLY received our last outstanding apostille which was from Texas so our dossier is as complete as it gets until we get our home study and our I171. Talked to the homestudy agency and they said possibly a week for their review and final blessing of the social workers write up. Then from there on to Jackson to DHS and she says even though they say two weeks they usually have a quick turnaround there as well. Then from there it's on to meet USCIS and she even let me know that most of the time our Metairie office located in Louisiana has a quick turnaround as well. So with all this said it could be 3rd or 4th week in March before the final package is in place.

THEN we found out last night that once our faciliator receives the paperwork it takes anywhere from 4-6 weeks to receive a travel date -- NOW THAT was a lot to swallow. I know, I know - God is good and the outcome of all this waiting will be SO worth the wait. But those of you who know me know when I am on a mission --- I AM ON A MISSION ----- however, those of you who know my husband, he is the most level headed person and the most patient when it comes to anything. He is the one who reminds me on a regular basis that God is the one in control and leave it there. I know that, I really do but dang I just want her home where she belongs. SOOOO much support here that Ivanna will have a life full of love like she has never known and so will her mother, if even in our hearts.

So as I always say - continue to keep us on your prayer lists and rejoice and have faith in the Lord that Ivanna will be home very soon. Even with the extended wait periods she could still be home in May but I'm not in control of dates and God put his foot down yesterday and made me aware of that.

You know everything about this entire process, about our lives in general has been nothing but acts of God in that now that I have had time to look back --- all things happen for a reason. You may think things happen for a reason but we have been blessed by some wonderful people during this entire process and we wouldn't change a second of it even though it's just absolutely CRAZY at how the pieces of the puzzle has come together. The things that have happened to us and for us over the last three and a half years were much more than conincidences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geo Counter

Our Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP