Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How did this start?

There is not enough time in the day to venture back in time and tell you about our lives however we want to start going forward with this and share. This particular Friday night, January 15, 2010 - I was laying comfortably in bed and my husband got on a roll - now it had been one heck of a week - my friends brother that was differently abled had left this world to be with Jesus on 1/7, attended his wake on 1/9 and then a hole was burning in my heart that I had to call my brother who is presently 57 years old, differently abled and lives with my mother - much to my dismay I wasn't allowed to speak to him - yet another long story. So, my point being, I had a very emotional week and was very heavy hearted. Well, Friday night - I was watching a movie and of all things it was about an orphan from Russia which again triggered my husband to pull up the Reeces Rainbow (from now forward will be referred to as RR) site. He keeps trying to get me to come to the computer and look and I kept telling him now that I just couldn't. Well, then he kept harping about how he wanted to adopt one of the children listed. This was way more than ok with me, however, I just never would have even thought he would "really" want it to be a reality and would be more of an "in the moment" talk as we have had before but now looking back I think he was only testing the waters for me and my opinion because the two of us are so close that the importance of what the other is thinking is very important to the two of us. Well, finally just to get him to quieten down I just kind of shrugged and told him to pick us out a child that to me I'd take any of them and that's what he said but unfortunately that's not an option. So, he in turn did pick out two children THEN here comes the funny part. He wants me to get up and e-mail RR. I told him if he wanted to do this then he could e-mail them - so he walks over to the bed as if he is going to lift me out of it YEAH RIGHT! :). So again, to appease him, I got up typed up a little e-mail to Andrea and minimized it on my screen well there was no pulling a fast one on him he saw that I didn't send it so he sent it. I didn't send it because I didn't want to I simply thought he was making this effort because he knew it's what I wanted and to me it had to be both of us and I just didn't realize it really was both of us that wanted it badly. THEN our lives were "forever" changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geo Counter

Our Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP