Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Adoption Adventure


Oh what a fantastic "almost" two weeks. Let me just attempt to get you started. I have been on the board of directors for our local DS group for the past 17 months - Gulf Coast Down Syndrome Society, http://www.gcdss.org/. Right before the our Buddy Walk in October of 2009 we were contact from another local family about setting up a table at our walk as a fund raising effort for them to bring their little boy home whom they were trying to adopt through Reeces Rainbow with Down syndrome. Well, as soon as I heard of this, I immediately visited http://www.reecesrainbow.org/. This was very heart wrenching to me and I just couldn't bring myself to look over the entire site. My husband immediately said to me that we ought to do that - as in adopt a child with DS. Well, I just assumed that it was an "in the moment" phrase and that it would go away. Well, it didn't go away - we had brought it up from time to time just had never put our thoughts in to actions. All the while we knew something was missing. We had and have become extremely attached to the families and children/adults in our organization. The personalities greatly vary but they all have one thing in common and that is UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. Well, what we didn't know is the Lord was certainly working on us through this organization because at first I was a little standoffish when asked to become a board member because I felt like I had nothing to offer since we were not parents to a child with DS - little did I know we both had tons to offer and more importantly we had tons to learn and boy have we learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geo Counter

Our Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP