Thursday, September 9, 2010

Final Preparations

Ok woke up feeling much better today.  We were able to get me some medication with the help of our translator.  AND we were able to get some prevention medication for the princess and daddy.  So looks like we are on the uphill swing.

Well, even being sick I still had to go out and do some stuff that was necessary to plan for our finalization of documents. 

Our initial court documents were dated for Monday so on Monday we couldn't do much.  But on Tuesday, we were able to go and get her birth certificate done.  I went with the translator while hubby stayed home with the princess.  They were unable to do it while we waited so we made a second trip later in the afternoon.  At this point I was dying but had taken much medication so I was still able to stand. 

On Wednesday our tax code was applied for and it should be back on Friday, again fingers and toes crossed.  For those of you that have already been down this journey you know that the tax code has been a thorn in most everyone's side.  WELL, they believe they have divulged a plan to prevent it from taking so long going forward and we are the first test of that plan.  So, with all luck we will have that precious code on Friday or at the latest Monday.  What is a tax code?  It is similiar to our SSNs. 

What's next?  Once we obtain the tax code we have two more things left from what I understand we are off to get her Visa and medical.  The medical is done in one day and the Visa is done in two.  Therefore we should be able to make our projection of being able to leave at least by the 16th.  Of course if we can leave sooner we will.  Although Wednesday, the 15th is her biological mom's birthday.  Happy Birthday to the beautful lady that has provided us with such a precious gift from God. 

Well, the translator just called and she needed a "head shot" of the princess on a white background for her Passport.  Boy oh boy were we creative LOL. 

Not sure what today will bring I don't think we have anything pressing to do.  This week-end we want to head off to get a few little small trinkets to bring back - still not sure how we will get everything back but as far as I am concerned the clothes I brought can be left behind because I'm sick of seeing them LOL. 

Thanks again for your prayers.  We still have videos to upload.  We really would like for you all to continue to pray for our return home next Thursday as it is very important to us to come home in time for our next scheduled visitation time with the boys which is on Friday, the 17th and we are so ready to get back to church.  Speaking of which we have been working with Ivanna on folding her hands and saying the blessing before meals.  She catches on really quickly so I'm sure it won't be long and she will have it down.

Hugs to all and we hope to see the majority of you soon.

The Stratton Family

3 comments:

  1. LOL! I felt the same way about my clothes and actually did end up throwing some of them away before I left...they had been ruined anyway and it left more room for matroyshka dolls...the important stuff :). I've been down the tax code road so I am hopeful that they have worked out the bugs. We were also told that we were the first family to try out the new system...it didn't work for us but that may be good for you since I'm sure they learned from it. Keeping my eye out for news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are feeling better! Is the sleeping situation any better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Erin found out today looks like they fixed the tax code thing because we do have our number however now the "passport" process seems to be broken. I swear if it's not one thing it's another huh? LOL. Supposed to hear something after lunch.

    Danielle -- Sleeping is MUCH better I'll explain that to you at dinner tomorrow night LOL --- can you believe it - you'll be with us tomorrow night???? YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Geo Counter

Our Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP