Friday, March 19, 2010

Soooo Dislike the Waiting Game

Well we are continuing to pray for patience and guidance because I am so not good with waiting. Received a letter from customs and immigrations yesterday with a few inquiries we had to respond to. Had 33 days to return to them - do YOU THINK I was going to wait even near 33 days??? NO - responses complete yesterday afternoon and we hand delivered it to them today - BUT only to find out they are closed on Friday. I was nearly in tears when security told me that - we told the very nice gentleman that we understood and asked if we could please check it in at the mail room or SOMETHING - he continually explained no and I think he expected us to be "mad" and then he started explaining how he has had people get mad with him before because they could not accept paperwork - I then began to explain that we weren't by any means mad that I was almost to the point of tears that we had drive 2.5 hours to prevent a mailing or FedEx delay to drop off paperwork only to find out they were closed. SOOOOO he took the envelope from us, told us he wasn't making any promises but said he would be right back - low and behold when he came back - he brought us our EMPTY envelope where they had stamped it RECEIVED to show they had taken possession of it. I told him (as my husband was returning from the bathroom) that if I wasn't already married I could just kiss him - it was funny cause as my husband rounded the corner I asked him if he heard that and he grinned and said "yes I did" --- the guy who was old enough to be my dad, grinned as well and told me it's ok cause I don't think my wife would like that either. I was very amazed that he went above and beyond when the lady officer was questioning his helping us. So to whoever you are MUCH THANKS - we need more of you. So, now we are back in wait mode and I despise week-ends ONLY because I know it means that no one is helping us get Ivanna home during the week-end. So bring on Monday.

Also since the last time I blogged, I received a card in the mail that really was just very special - and very touching. Next post, I'm going to write what it said. Makes you think how we all should be doing the same in every walk of life.

Thanks again for your caring, your calls, your talks and listening - it's been a roller coaster of a ride but ohhhhh what waits at the end!!!! Hugs!! Darlena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geo Counter

Our Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP